BURNOUT TREATMENT IN PERTH
Burnout and Chronic Stress are common problems in such a fast paced modern city like Perth. Our Energetics Institute therapy can help you to heal Burnout which may be affecting you on both body and mind levels. We are experienced psychotherapists who offer various Burnout treatment options including psychotherapy and counselling. Our primary goal is to help you heal your mental and physical fatigue, and advise you around certain healthy lifestyle practices, so you stay well.
WHAT IS BURNOUT ?
Burnout is a general term that refers to the overwhelm and rundown state that a person manifests usually from having been in a long term stress situation or lifestyle.
Chronic Stress is a sign that the present state is unsustainable in your body and mind, and that the resilience and energy normally there to push you through stressful situations, are no longer available and you are collapsing into a compromised state.
WHAT ARE BURNOUT SYMPTOMS ?
Burnout symptoms manifest in both the body and the mind as some of the following:
- Feelings of overwhelm and fatigue
- Felt sense of being physically, emotionally and mentally drained
- Tiredness that persists and does not lift with rest
- Feeling weak, depleted, down, or worn out
- Lacking energy to continue or even to tackle mundane routine tasks
- Loss of interests in hobbies, sex, socialising
- Loss of interest or loss of concentration or clarity due to tiredness
- Onset of anxiety and/or depression symptoms
- Low immunity and a tendency to get colds
WHAT CAUSES BURNOUT ?
Human beings produce a number of stay-alert hormones and bio-chemicals from our HPA Axis (Hypothalamus, Pituitary Gland, Adrenal Glands). These help us to perform when under stress but by their nature they are “burst mode” designed organs, and are not evolved for continual stress state lifestyles.
Simply the HPA Axis starts to break down as it cannot keep producing its bio-chemicals and hormones. So we feel this loss which can then lead to other illnesses and health challenges if Burnout is not stopped and addressed.
HOW CAN PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELLING HELP YOU HEAL BURNOUT?
Our Burnout treatment programme in Perth looks at how you lost your work-life balance. Chronic Stress is common to some personality types who become extreme in their lifestyles, such as:
- Co-dependent caretaker or martyr personalities
- Alpha-male and Alpha-female “win-achieve” personalities
- Exercise addicts
Our Burnout Counselling and Psychotherapy program will teach and educate you about the importance of practices such as:
- Planned daily rest breaks and lifestyle pacing
- Presencing and mindfulness to tolerate impulses to move, act and think
- Accepting help from others and issues around inability to receive help
- Issues with control and letting go of workload or roles or tasks
- Work on own distorted beliefs, values, strategies driving chronic stress
- Work on demands from others that drive Burnout
- Learn how to have an authentic “No” to others and to set appropriate boundaries
- Deal with any anxiety, depression or stress feeding the Burnout
- Work on self esteem issues that make you compensate through over-pleasing, over-working, over achieving
Our Psychotherapy and Counselling Burnout treatment in Perth is effective in enabling you recover and learn new skills to restore yourself. We tackle the root causes of chronic stress such that once healed, the Burnout is unlikely to manifest again.
Be sure to check out Energetics Institute’s Natural Remedies for Burnout page.