NATURAL REMEDIES FOR BURNOUT
There is no escaping from stress as you live in the modern age. Burnout and chronic stress are related to a range of physical health and psychological conditions. When stress goes into the chronic stage, you can feel overwhelmed by presenting challenges and difficulties in your life.
It is possible to learn how to manage stress in healthy ways by incorporating certain lifestyle practices into your daily routine. There will be many benefits including the building of resilience as an important resourcing tool.
NATURAL REMEDIES INCLUDE
• Schedule regular downtime into your schedule as a mandatory activity
• Set time boundaries for your work life or engagement with whatever is the stressor driving your Burnout
• Before actioning yet another task, ask yourself “What’s the worst thing that can happen if I delay or do not action that task or demand upon myself ?”
• Get a massage or nurturing treatment that forces you to stop and receive nurture
• Practice saying “No” and feeling OK with that decision and choice
• Resist temptation and offers to fill up your spare time with structured activities
• Do things for fun rather than the need to compete or win
• Start doing meditation and/or yoga of a still form rather than pumped up form
• Cease practicing using caffeine or stimulants to “keep going” and learn to stop when your body is tired
• Learn a mindfulness practice to notice your real state, moment to moment so you can be in tune with your bodily needs for nutrition and rest
• Adjust at least one thing in your lifestyle that activates you and consumes time which instead could be replaced with downtime and rest
These techniques may be beneficial if used during your day. If they do not significantly improve your Burnout, then we recommend you seek additional advice and guidance of an experienced body mind therapist in Perth who practices our form of Burnout Therapy.