FAMILY THERAPY IN PERTH
We are a family run business based in our home practice in Inglewood, Perth. As we are a family who have worked over many years to create a healthy stable family, we work with a certain level of integrity and firsthand experience.
Our Family Therapy is a safe process where we can resolve conflict and help adopt new boundaries and practices, which promote harmony and health in families.
HOW CAN OUR FAMILY THERAPY HELP ?
Everyone in the family will have their story and their reality which may struggle to get heard, believed or validated. Families often need to learn better boundary setting skills, and how to communicate respectfully and how to actively listen to each other without judgement. Our Family Therapy teaches these skills and works to bring the family back into a healthy state.
There may be a need to recognise and let go of old hurts and wounds. It may be true that a family needs to set a strong boundary with a member who is toxic or destructive and who refuses to co-operate in repairing the family system.
Our Family Counselling also recognizes that individual family members may need support as you may be acting out family level issues symptomatically via rituals and disorders such as self-harming, eating disorders etc.
HOW CAN YOU TELL YOUR FAMILY IS HAVING RELATIONSHIP DIFFICULTIES?
Families requiring Family Therapy will often exhibit symptoms of dysfunction such as:
- Aggression or blaming within family or in community
- Rigidity in family with inflexible rules and beliefs
- Focus on achievement and perfectionism
- Reclusive or withdrawn from community
- Depression, Anxiety or Addictions in family members
- Inappropriate behaviour between siblings or by parents with siblings
- Strict religious or cult-like behaviours
- Golden child and/or Scapegoat roles or family members
- Caretaking of parents or family by children
- Narcissistic family or members
- Criminal family or members
- Trauma from wars or economic loss in past or present family generation
- Shame or guilt issues within family
- Rejection of family member over beliefs or lifestyle
- Blended Family issues
- New child upsetting the family balance and dynamics
WHAT’S INVOLVED IN OUR FORM OF FAMILY THERAPY?
The goal of our Family Therapy in Perth is to improve the relationships between the family members and to provide relief from individual stressors or issues that exist which contribute to the family disruption. We see families in terms of them as a system or constellation of members who consciously act independently, but at the subconscious level there are many subtle influencing factors, which may span generations, that affect current family members and the family as an entity of its own. We work to identify these where they exist.
Many families possess unresolved issues that have simply gone underground and now the family members act out symptoms of this through spite, anger, sickness, sabotage, unhealthy family roles, disruption, abandonment and splits in the family. We analyse these with the family, as the act of bringing unconscious or multi-generational dynamics into conscious awareness, can be the trigger for their resolution and cessation.
Our Family Counselling addresses the need for the family prioritising time together. Most families would benefit from spending quality time together where face-to-face time without digital or other distractions exist, and to practice meaningful discussion about the family and its members.